Monday 15 April 2013

Today

As I mentioned on Saturday's post Cooper had his much anticipated 4 month follow up appointment today, wanted to make sure to keep everyone updated.  He had a sedated echo, ecg, and we saw his cardiologist.  All his tests were fine, he has a soft murmur remaining which may or may not resolve over time, but is not an issue either way.  We don't have to bring him back for another appointment for 3 YEARS.  That's so far away that we will have to pull him out of school for his appointment.

We are deeply saddened by the tragedy in Boston today.  The images on the news are shocking, terrifying, and overwhelming.  We pray that the human spirit, all the good that brought people together for The Marathon today will prevail in this devastating time of loss.

1 comment:

  1. I am so grateful that Cooper is doing well, great relief!
    Also thinking about Boston.
    I think of the number of times that I have watched with my wee boys as thier mommy and daddy have run marathons. I think about the people that make up these crowds, parents, grandparents, children, aunts, uncles, friends and loved ones all out supporting the people they love as they participate in something they love doing. That is what makes this such a heinous thing. They attacked families, innocents! I heard on the news that the last portion of the race was dedicated to the Sandyhook victims and that some family members were participating in this race! I can't even imaging how they must feel. My prayers to all those affected by this.

    ReplyDelete