Saturday 31 August 2013

Jay's Game, Peak Training Week, and Candy Flavoured Fruit

Last night we took Lucas out on a Mommy and Daddy date.  He adores the show Diner's Drive-ins and Dives, so we hit up The Lakeview (which was featured on the show a few months ago) for dinner.  He loved it, but was convinced the whole time that we were on TV because he had seen the restaurant on TV.  He plans to ask Eliza if she saw him on TV next time he sees her.  He also insisted that we ask the waiter if he met "Fieri."  Dinner was good, the milkshakes that followed were better.

Next we headed off to the Jay's game.


I adore  this boy and his big brown eyes!




We had a great time together, and hung on until the end of the 8th inning, which is exactly 7 innings longer then I thought Lucas would be interested in the game.  He did tell us that he likes watching basketball better "because these guys just stand around all the time."

This morning we ran a 13.1 mile stroller run to cap off our peak training week.  My grand total for the week is 60 miles, which is my highest mileage week ever!  I earned the lemon/vanilla cookie ice cream I made for tonight.  We tried this ice cream in Florida...

It was AH-MAZING.  Of course I set out to re-create it at home.  I used this lemon ice cream recipe as the base (substituting half cream and half milk because I didn't have any half and half in the fridge), and then mixed in some chopped vanilla sandwich cookies.  Leigh "just tasted a few (seven) spoonfulls" when I was at work the other night and has been raving about it ever since.

Last but not least, we found these grapes at the grocery store this afternoon.
No word of a lie, they taste exactly like cotton candy!  Which got us talking about other possible flavours of fruit.  Leigh's vote was for hamburger flavoured oranges, I could get on board with apples that taste like chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. You did it, you surpassed your goal!! So proud of the two of you and your hard work and dedication. Thank you Sooooo much to all those who have donated to and supported this wonderful cause! Love you guys (mom)

    ReplyDelete